Monday, July 26, 2010
P.S. I just bought almond milk for the first time this weekend. Was scared to try it, but it tastes just like regular milk. Only downside is that it's low in protein, but that's okay, b/c I figure I'm getting my calcium in this way and I'll get protein from other food sources. =)
K, hope you have a great day!! And if you have any tasty gluten-free & dairy-free recipes to share, please do so!! Thanks. :)
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Haha, I feel kinda shy sharing this, and I'm not an actress by any means, sooooooooooooo hopefully you enjoy this candid video testimonial. =)
P.S. Limited "One" Time Bonus Offer: Mention this video when booking a facial or ordering Nerida Joy's products for a *bonus* gift (watch the video above for more details): http://www.neridajoyskincare.com or 866-777-8834 ... Also not mentioned in the video: If you want a travel size cleanser bottle, you can always ask for free mini *EMPTY* 2oz bottle with your next order/facial... This way your can fill it up with your favorite Nerida Joy cleanser & take it with you whenever you're on the go!! Or for free skincare tips & advice, just follow Nerida Joy on Facebook or Twitter.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Yesterday I attended the Nordstrom Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Event and got to meet up with professional makeup artists and celebrity photographer Steven Khan. Steven Khan has been working in Los Angeles for the last 14 years as a fashion and celebrity photographer. Steven’s wide range of work has been seen in magazines such as US WEEKLY, ALLURE, ELLE, and VANITY FAIR. I actually reserved my spot about 1 month ago... How could I miss this exclusive event?!?!
Anyhow, I got my makeup done by one of Smashbox's national makeup artistry team members... I was so happy because he told me I had great skin, and so my makeup would be easy to do (Thanks Nerida Joy!!). On top of that, he told me I had cheekbones to die for!! Aww, I was gushing by that point.
In case you're wondering, Smashbox is a pretty great line. I already own their Photo Finish Foundation Primer and High Definition Foundation. I highly recommend both!!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Here is a recap from the I Want My Bikini Body 3.0 Live Chat. P.S. So much useful info!! Hope you enjoy! :)
Rehan Jalali (Nutrition Expert, all natural bodybuilder):
- Recommends liquid fish oil over capsules (Take 1-3 grams daily, prefers Barlean's Fish Oil brand)
- Recommends Women's Blend multi-vitamin from SuperNutrition
- Says that bruising can be caused by an iron deficiency. Silica also helps with bruising
- Green tea, Oolong tea and BioCell Collagen II supplement is good for the skin. The hyaluronic acid in BioCell adds moisture & softness
- Chia seeds are good for appetite control
- Guggul lipid is good for acne
- Fat burner pills are NOT magic, they are supplements to good diet & exercise. He recommends: Ab Gone Extra Strength (w/Green Tea), Clarinol Tonalin CLA targets abs, Red Line Princess
- If you have a sugar addiction, then you can: add cinnamon, switch out sugars and eat more fruit/honey, and eat more protein
- Rehan's books: The 6 Pack Diet plan, and Sports Supplement Buyer's Guide
- To strengthen hair make sure you're getting your amino acids (methionine)
- Recommends these Super Foods: Acai berry, Asahi, juicaroo (spelling?), agave nectar, raw unfiltered honey
- Carrots are FULL of sugar. Not really a good vegetable, helps to store fat in your body.
- For cellulite, vibrations such as using a jumprope are good. The cream/lotion aminophylline is good (derivative of caffeine). Yohimbine lowers body fat, but MUST be taken with a fat (for example: almonds). It does this by blocking the alpha 2 receptors that store fat in the lower body.
- Take 2-3 cups of green tea a day
- Take 20-30g (3-4oz) of protein at a time at meal time
- Moderation is good for complex carbs. Never eliminate a food group.
- If you have high cholesterol, then fiber is key.
- Diuretics should only be taken for 1 week MAX (i.e. prior to special occasion/event). Dandelion root is a natural diuretic and helps if you have extra water weight
- Caffeine is mild diuretic, EXCEPT when exercising
- Recommends VPX / Syngex Zero Impact protein powder
Nerida Joy (Skin Expert):
- If you have dry, dull skin you need to exfoliate 1x a week. Your skin needs some mild retinols and AHAs to give your skin a boost/glow
- Prefers papaya enzyme (papain) or pineapple enzyme. Does not like pumpkin enzyme for the skin.
- Blackheads are caused by overactive sebaceous glands. To reduce blackheads, you must keep skin especially clean before you goto sleep at night. Remember to exfoliate 1x a week, and if your skin is extra oily, change the pillow covers every 3-4 days.
- How to Cleanse the Skin: Your #1 priority should be to use a nonfoaming cleanser. Do not wet face. Apply/massage cleanser onto skin in AM & PM. Use wet warm wash cloth in circular motion. Then rinse off face. At nighttime do a second application. Pat dry.
- Clarisonic helps with cleansing, but you NEED thick skin for it (so be VERY careful). If you have sensitive skin, it actually thickens skin out over time (not in a good way though). Nerida does not recommend that you use this often.
- For dark undereye circles & blue veins, you want to use Vitamin K, arnica or melo extract to strengthen the wall
- For dark spots, Resorcinol is NO-NO. Mild retinols are best.
- If you have melasma, use sunscreen (at least 50 SPF on fair skin). Albaquin (spelling?) comes in a tin and is safe for lightening skin. Helps with freckles.
- You must apply eye creams all around your eyes INCLUDING your eyelids to add firmness. Most people forget the eyelids
- Indoor lighting can affect your skin pigment
- If you have oily skin (which many people do NOT), you must exfoliate every 3-4 days. Most people have COMBINATION skin.
- Dr Perricone recommends alpha lipoic acid and DMAE (helps with chicken neck & tone in skin). This can also help tone other areas of the body
- Sunscreen - solar protection SFP 40-50, water resistant
- Apply moisturizer FIRST, then sunscreen on face.
- Food intolerances: Dairy can cause milea (white bumps) to develop especially along the jawline. Wheat can cause skin to feel gritty. If your skin is too oily, then you might have an intolerance to peanuts or citris fruits
- Makeup: Minerals are great EXCEPT for dry skin. (Nerida uses Colorescience Sunforgettables - also sold at her office)
Anthony Slater (General Manager of Core Performance):
- ... Will Update soon! (Once I finish watching the chat)
Monday, May 10, 2010
Here you can see the crowds of people at the event. I took this video while waiting in line for a mini facial! haha, this line was long!! But well worth it (P.S. I even worked out a lil bit while waiting in line. Good times!! )... P.S. Super happy that I had sunblock on my face & a hat on! It got to be very sunny later on.
Mandy Ingber & I (ended up buying up her new Yogalosophy dvd... Can't wait to try it out!)
Sorry that it came out kinda dark. Anyhow, this is my overall recap of the event. Anyhow, in the video I mention the Vision Mat which you can order through yogamatic.com. Sounds awesome!! I thought it was pretty clever, considering you can see your custom Vision Board Mat whenever you exercise. Just thought it was inspiring.
Friday, May 7, 2010
I'm excited to be going to Self Magazine's Workout in the Park NY Event this Saturday. My friend went last year, and she said it was so much fun! Tickets are only $20 for the 3-hour event. Luckily I got complimentary VIP passes. ;-)
Celebrity Yoga trainer Mandy Ingber will be there too (P.S. I heard she trains Jennifer Aniston)!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Rain or Shine!
Registration will open at 9:00 AM.
Note: Bags larger than a backpack will not be permitted into the event.
Closest entrance at 72nd Street and 5th Avenue
West Side Entrance at 69th Street and Central Park West
New York, NY
Join thousands of women and experience electrifying workouts, indulgent beauty and style consultations, gourmet delights and so much more!
Monday, May 3, 2010
Valerie Waters, Hollywood's hottest celebrity trainer, is having a LIVE Online Kick-off party/chat today (Monday, May 3 @ 3:00pm PST or 6:00pm EST).
Get your questions ready!! She's going to have some of Hollywood's most sought-after experts (Rehan Jalali & Nerida Joy... Anthony Slater might stop by too) coming by to answer them! Not only that, but she'll be giving away a ton of cool, free stuff... You don't want to miss this!!
I Want My Bikini Body 3.0
This is a LIVE streaming video event hosted on Ustream.com so you can participate from the comfort of your own home.